The Faces Behind Esteem Wedding & Event Rentals
Have you noticed Esteem Wedding & Event Rentals has changed hands? That's right. There are some new ladies in town, and we're ready to hit the ground running!
Sandi Berezan and I, Tanneil Berezan (Carver), are beyond excited to help brides in the surrounding areas make their dream wedding a reality.
I’d like to take a moment and introduce myself to all you lovely people. Think of this blog post as a little get-to-know-you chat.
Get to Know Me!
Here are seven things you may not know about me and my time thus far as a new business owner!
1) I absolutely love that I get to work with such positive people. Weddings are happy occasions, and the energy our clients bring with them is contagious. You can't help but be happy.
Our shop is a small, local business, so we fill a lot of roles. Right now we get to do a bit of everything. I'm not restricted solely to design, sales, or the cleaning and maintenance of our rentals. The business has a lot of different tasks, so I'm never stuck in one role, which wouldn’t be the same in a larger outfit.
2) Hands down, my favourite part about weddings is seeing everything come together from the initial vision to the flowers to the décor. It's like organizing the pieces of a gigantic puzzle to create a beautiful masterpiece in the end.
3) Right now I am so in love with a fall rustic/glam theme. The colors and style of décor make a perfect combination. The deep fall colors can bring a wedding to life and pop in photos, but on the other hand, neutral palettes bring a romantic feel to the happy occasion. There are so many ways you can make a rustic wedding gorgeous.
4) From our long list of inventory, my favourite décor piece would be our wagon wheel chandelier. It’s a piece I put together myself, and it showcases my love for the combination of rustic and glam. It’s a beautiful focal point on the dance floor and is especially amazing in photos!
5) I get my creative inspiration from my clients. They come in with a vision, and I expand on it, feed off their ideas, and bring my flair to the table. When I walk into a room, my mind is instantly racing and bookmarking so many possible ideas.
6) The biggest learning curve that comes with being a new business owner would be finding a work-life balance. I tend to bring work home with me in the evenings, as my husband can attest to. Leaving business at the shop is a big challenge.
7) One of the things I’m most looking forward to is creating and building connections with other community organizations and members. We're also excited to partner with other wedding vendors to bring more opportunity and choices to brides.
My advice to brides would be to not let a theme restrict your vision. If your theme is rustic but you fall in love with a glitz tablecloth, we can still make it all fit together.
That’s me! If you’d like to know more, just send me an email, and if you’re ever in the Smoky Lake area, stop by Esteem Wedding & Event Rentals and say hi. Trust us, you’ll play the day away in our shop.
Check back later to meet Sandi Berezan, my mother-in-law and co-owner of Esteem!